When the Star Wars: Darth Vader – Black, White, and Red 4-part mini series was announced a few months back I remember being shocked at how amped up about it. As much as I love Darth Vader it felt like this was another take on Star Wars Vader Dark Visions. But as the release date gets closer (this Wednesday) I find myself getting really excited to check this out.
Mainly because of love Jason Aaron’s writing and I’m interested to see how Peach Momoko does with interior work. Well, today we get a little tease with the official preview of Star Wars: Darth Vader – Black White Red #1.
First impressions? It looks cool. Like a semi-manga horror story that will likely feature a ton of previously unknown characters. I wouldn’t go nuts though because when new characters that do not relate back to the movies show up in a Vader comic… they end up dead.
UPDATED: See all ratio variants currently listed on TFAW here right now. (not just Star Wars)
I know very little about the plot of the series. The publisher’s descriptions have largely been filled with hype man text about the cast of creators who are putting the book together.
So not much insight here spec wise.
That being said there are a ton of variants for the first issue. There is no clear winner in terms of value. I personally like Cover A by Alex Maleev and the Takashi Okazaki exclusive for The Comic Corner. But I wouldn’t buy these with potential value in mind. Just pick the cover(s) that you personally dig.
Check out the preview and all variants for Star Wars: Darth Vader – Black White Red #1 below.
That’s all for today. Keep it real everywookiee.
Star Wars: Darth Vader – Black, White & Red #1
(W) Jason Aaron, Peach Momoko, Torunn Gronbekk (A) Peach Momoko (CA) Alex Maleev
THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
Following the successful black, white and red series produced by Marvel Comics, DARTH VADER now takes the spotlight for tales of terror by some of the industries most talented creators!
PEACH MOMOKO will spin a story only she can bring to life!
PLUS, the return of JASON AARON to the world of STAR WARS with Part One of his Vader tale spanning all four issues!
In Shops: Apr 26, 2023
- Maleev Cover A
- Cheung Variant
- Dell’otto Variant
- Kaare Andrews 1:25 Variant
- Dell’otto 1:100 Virgin Variant
- Okazaki Exclusive (Pre-sale starts 03/18 at 6pm EST)
- The Comic Corner
- Trade Dress LTD 800
- Virgin LTD 600
- Dell’Otto Exclusive (Pre-sale starts 03/15 at 6pm EST)
- Trade Dress LTD 1500
- Virgin LTD 666
- Momoko Exclusive (Pre-sale starts 03/17 at 5pm EST)
- Comic Inspiration
- Trade Dress LTD 3000
- Virgin LTD 1000
- Kirkham CBE Whatnot Exclusive
- UPDATE: This is a CBE Whatnot Exclusive that will only be sold by WhatNot seller mellow_fellow
- Create a WhatNot account here if you don’t have one (we both get $10 credit when you buy your first thing. So that’s nice.)
- Kaare Andrews Exclusive (Pre-sale starts 03/22 at 5pm EST)
- Massafera Exclusive Variant (Pre-sale starts on 3/22 at 7pm EST)
- Art Adams Exclusive
- Suayan Exclusive
- Gist Exclusive (Pre-sale starts 4/19 at 5pm ET)