It’s confirmed that two Marvel Star Wars comics that hit stores this week, Star Wars: Visions & Star Wars: The High Republic #1, are getting a 2nd printing that will officially go on sale November 23rd.
We don’t have art yet but I anticipate both 2nd print covers will feature art from the interior repurposed as the new cover art. The way the listing reads to me seems to point to that. Which I personally love because both Takashi Okazaki and Ario Anindito are fantastic artists. I’ll update the corresponding Drunk Wooky variant checklists once we get the art though. So be sure to check back.
You can pre-order the 2nd print of The High Republic #1 here and the 2nd print of Star Wars: Visions #1 here.
If you’re out of the loop, Star Wars: Visions #1 by Takashi Okazaki (he wrote it and did the art) is a sequel to the animated short “The Duel” from the Star Wars Visions Disney+ show. It features Ronin and his droid encountering an interesting blind fellow who some think is actually Mace Windu in an alternate timeline.
Seriously, that’s a thing. While a bit far-fetched it’s still a super fun fan theory. Check out this video by @kesselruncomics on Instagram if you want to dive into the deep end.
Regardless of whether that’s Mace Windu or not (probably not), the comic is still super fun and has the best art I’ve ever seen in a Star Wars comic. It’s a visual masterpiece.
The other 2nd print, Star Wars: The High Republic #1 by Cavan Scott with art by Ario Anindito. This is one of my favorite comics of the year from both a speculation and story standpoint. I’m all in on the Convocation of the Force. Super cool concept and is something Star Wars has lacked. There is no reason that the Jedi, Sith, and Nightsisters would be the only groups of people who would use the Force.
You can get a breakdown of all of the first appearances in The High Republic #1 here.
Star Wars The High Republic #1 | Phase 2
(W) Cavan Scott (A) Ario Anindito (CA) Ario Anindito
A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS FOR STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC!
- One hundred and fifty years before the fall of Starlight, another beacon burns bright in the galaxy, a beacon of faith and spirituality. Jedha. The Pilgrim Moon. The Kyber Heart. But tensions are rising in the holy city and dark days are to come.
- Jedi Vildar Mac, a Jedi safe and secure in who he is and what he could be, arrives as Jedha’s fragile peace begins to crumble. But a nightmare awaits…a nameless terror that will become the stuff of legend.
In Shops: October 12th, 2022
- Anindito Cover A
- Noto Variant
- McKone Variant
- Duursema 1:50 Variant
- Panosian Exclusive (TFAW) (Pre-orders start 9/9)
- Peach Momoko Exclusive
- Tyler Kirkham Exclusive
- David Lopez Exclusive (Pre-Sale Starts 9/13)
- Luke Ross Exclusive
- Mike Mayhew Exclusive (Presale Starts 9/16 5pm EST)
- E.M. Gist Exclusive Variant
- This is a CBE Whatnot Exclusive that will only be sold by WhatNot seller mellow_fellow
- Create a WhatNot account here if you don’t have one (we both get $10 credit when you buy your first thing. So that’s nice.)
- High Republic #1 2nd Print by Ario Anindito
Star Wars: Visions #1 Comic Variants
(W) Takashi Okazaki (A/CA) Takashi Okazaki
FROM THE CREATIVE MIND BEHIND THE STAR WARS: VISIONS EPISODE “THE DUEL” COMES THE SEQUEL: RONIN AND THE BLIND!
TAKASHI OKAZAKI (Afro Samurai) is continuing his storytelling from the acclaimed STAR WARS: VISIONS episode “THE DUEL,” featuring the Ronin! The mythology of STAR WARS infused with elements of Feudal Japan makes this issue a MUST READ for STAR WARS and MANGA fans alike!
In Shops: Oct 12, 2022
- Okazaki Cover A
- Okazaki Cover A (CGC 9.8)
- Bachalo Variant
- Peach Momoko Exclusive Variant
- Okazaki Cover A Virgin NYCC Exclusive (Limited to 800)
- Yagawa Exclusive Variant
- Star Wars Visions 2nd Print
- Star Wars Visions NYCC Exclusive 20 OZ Glow in the Dark Tumbler (Ltd to 100)
- So this isn’t a comic but it has the Okazaki comic art on it. Putting it here for simplicity.
- Available at the Comic Corner booth at NYCC
- Limited quantities will be sold on their website here.
That’s all for now.
For light and life.
Grand Admiral Frik