Since New York Toy Fair, Mezco has been previewing the new 5 Points line. This 5 Points line looks to harness the nostalgia of those little swivel shoulder and hipped figures we all loved from the 70s and 80s (erm, I guess, nothing else was available back then). Well, Mezco have officially announced the first wave from the 5 Points line, The Addams Family.
Mezco can probably say it better than I can:
If you’ve been following Mezco since NY Toy Fair- you’ve seen previews of our 5Points lines. Now we’re excited to launch the line with The Addams Family!
5Points is a retro-inspired line of figures that feature 5 points of articulation (get it?).
We hope you enjoy the first 5Points drop as much as we enjoyed creating them. Let us know who your favorite Addams Family character is in the comments below- keep them kooky, spooky and ooky…and watch out for more 5Points product coming soon!
A couple cool things I noticed about this particular wave: a cousin Thing comes with each 2-pack, posed in different positions.
The Addams Family Wave of figures is scheduled for a April 2020 release. Check out the full official gallery below along with pre-order links!
- Entertainment Earth
Introducing 5 Points – Mezco’s upgrade to the articulated action figures of yesteryear. These highly detailed, poseable action figures feature some of pop culture’s most familiar faces, both old and new.
5 Points present: The Addams Family. The first family of Halloween, the Addams Family are the kookiest on the block and redefine what it means to be a good neighbor.
The 5 Points Addams Family Set are packaged in duos on retro blister cards, perfect for display.
THE 5 POINTS ADDAMS FAMILY SET FEATURES:
- Gomez & Morticia: Gomez a devoted husband and father who lives to lavish affection on his wife and indulge his children’s vices. Debonair in his pinstripe suit and is riddled with explosive energy. Morticia, the cool, calm, and collected center of the Addams Family, wears a long, black gown and is the perfect counterpart to her hot-headed husband, Gomez.
- Wednesday & Grandma: Wednesday, the eldest of the Addams brood adores torturing her beloved little brother Pugsley, wears a collared long sleeve dress and spends her time beheading her dolls and taking care of her pet octopus. Grandma, a totally dishonest woman who thoroughly enjoys cheating at cards, ma wears a shawl over her dress and is smitten with her grandchildren, often treating them to all sorts of monstrosities.
- Pugsley & Fester: Pugsley a menacing 10 year old on overdrive, wears a stripped t-shirt and shorts and is a relentless innovator of endlessly devilish plots. Fester, a good-natured, merry uncle that likes to create mayhem wherever he goes, wears a long, black coat and loves a good bubble bath.
- Lurch and It: Lurch, the deeply loyal butler and towering giant, wears a suit and bowtie and is ready to serve. It, the high-pitched, babbling relative that is known for his tortuous amount of swagger, wears his iconic dark glasses and bowler hat and always brings the party wherever he goes.
- Thing – the disembodied hand that is somewhere between a beloved family pet, a valet, and a personal assistant. Thing comes packaged within each duo.